Managing Commercial Properties
Sunreal Property Management Ltd currently manages a large portfolio of commercial properties that range in size from a 3000 square foot single tenant building to a 40,000 square foot multi-tenant office / retail complex.
Sunreal has two simple goals: managing assets and maintaining equity. In the long term, that means our clients have a secure investment that will increase in value. For the tenants, our approach to service means their business will operate in a professionally maintained building that exceeds their expectations.
Sunreal Property Management Ltd. is committed to managing commercial properties that are viewed by Tenants and Customers as premier shopping and services destinations while providing quality professional services to its owners.
Sunreal Property Management Ltd. is a Red Deer based company with extensive experience in facility and property management. Sunreal provides a wide variety of services and options to our clients and has been providing quality service for 10 years in Central Alberta. We have assembled a staff of high-quality individuals to guarantee exceptional service of management and property maintenance. Sunreal’s employees and contractors have the required skills to properly maintain your facility and our focus to our clients is to have the best product and service in the industry. Sunreal employs a Certified Property Manager and/or CPM candidates to ensure that your needs are met with the highest degree of efficiency and professionalism.
Specialists in Asset Management
- In-house quality assurance programs make certain that all services are completed to the satisfaction of the client.
- Continuous site visits to certify all aspects of the management and maintenance are delivered to the expected standard.
- Full-time individuals located at the facility, if desired by the owner.
- Address any tenant issues or concerns. Sunreal’s Facility and Property Managers currently visit commercial properties to visit with tenants for the purposes of understanding their business and look for signs of strength and possible weakness.
- Sunreal can assist with leasing and leasing renewals if the owners agrees.
- Sunreal will assist the owner with enforcing lease conditions and terminations.
- Sunreal will assist the owner with all aspects of tenant move-in and move-outs.
- Sunreal will report to the Owner via monthly management reports utilizing email, the Sunreal website or regular mail. This report is prepared by the Facility or Property Manager regarding operations of the site.
- Sunreal will provide regular updates on concerns via email, fax or phone.
- Sunreal will review and approve all invoices for payment and utilize a PO system if requested.
- Sunreal will submit budgets with full explanations and footnotes 60 days prior to the fiscal year or sooner if requested. The owner can option to pre-approve any extraordinary expenses expected to be in excess of $3,000.00 above normal budgeted items.
- Invoices paid by Sunreal will be submitted to the owner for payment and summarized on a cover spreadsheet.
- Sunreal will assist the owner with insurance related issues and provide detailed incident reports. As well, Sunreal will be the insurance trustee for any insurance losses.
- Sunreal will ensure the facility is accessible for Emergency Service vehicles at all times and be the local contact for the Emergency Services department.
- Sunreal will coordinate all work that needs to be completed at the site.
- Sunreal will create emergency evacuation plans for the facility and host annual evacuation drills for all occupants.
- Sunreal provides a 24-hour emergency service. Sunreal currently provides this service and does not use a third-party answering company. Customers are able to contact a Sunreal employee immediately after-hours, who can solve many of the problems quickly and determine if a site visit is required or if a contractor needs to be dispatched.
Sunreal also has expertise in project management, asset evaluations, insurance evaluations, preventative maintenance schedules, Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), environmental concerns, property management plans complete with financial projections and top level financial reporting. The Facility Manager is responsible for ensuring the site is safe, secure, and clean. The Facility Manager ensures that all service requests and contracts are completed without deficiency and on a timely basis.
Sunreal will provide a minimum of three quotes when possible for the following contracts:
- Pedestrian snow removal
- Parking lot snow removal Garbage/Litter pick-up
- Landscaping maintenance and irrigation systems
- Waste removal Storm sewer maintenance
- Cleaning services HVAC inspection services
- Handyman services
- Parking lot sweeping and line painting
- Roof inspections and repairs
- Sign maintenance
- Power washing the building and window cleaning
Sunreal will have the property inspected by the Facility or Property Manager on a schedule agreed upon by both parties. The cost of this service shall be the responsibility of Sunreal Property Management Ltd. The main purpose of inspections is to verify that contractors completing the routine work and large projects are in fact completing the scope of work to a high standard and all other areas of the facility are in excellent condition.
The Sunreal maintenance staff may be responsible for the following duties:
- Inspection of mechanical systems, plumbing systems, electrical systems and other building related systems.
- Graffiti removal
- Touch-up painting, drywall and ceiling work.
- Minor maintenance, electrical, plumbing or other repairs.